A spiritual journal is a place where you can discover yourself, heal your heart, receive answers to questions no one can answer for you, and essentially come into the fullness of who you really are. Journaling is a wonderful way to gain clarity about your…
Tag: Journaling prompts
Today I will be sharing with you 40 journal prompts for mental health. Have you been feeling stressed and overwhelmed lately? When was the last time you did a mental health check-in? Mental illness is a silent killer. Depression, anxiety, OCD, panic attacks, eating disorders…
Today I will be sharing 42 journal prompts for self-love.
It’s so easy to be self-critical. Sometimes, you’re not even aware you’re being too hard on yourself.
That said, self-love isn’t always easy. This is especially true when you’re going through tough times such as getting laid off work, financial problems, or a break-up.
These unfortunate events will affect your self-esteem. Most self-help books, websites, or social media will tell you it’s important to love yourself first.
But how do you start loving yourself?
In this post, we’ll give you 42 journal prompts for self-love – these prompts will get you started on journaling journey towards self-love.
We’ll get to those in a minute. But first, you’ll need to understand what self-love means.
Other posts you may like:
WHAT IS SELF-LOVE?
Self-love is a hot topic right now, especially on social media. It’s something that can be difficult to understand, and most people only have a vague idea of what it is.
A few years ago, I thought self-love was taking bubble baths and treating yourself to shopping, which are great, but they cost money and time.
I now understand that I was totally wrong!
Self-love is something that is unique to each person.
The definition of self-love is “regard for one’s own well-being and happiness.”
To me, that means simply being aware of how you’re feeling and that makes you feel better.
And no two people are the exact same when it comes to what makes them happy.
I would like to point out that every single person deserves love and has the potential to be more than they know.
No matter what your circumstances are, no one can take that away from you or make you think you’re not worth loving.
For those of you in situations that make you feel worthless, please keep reading. Self-love is a tool that can help you change your mindset regardless of what’s happening around you.
WHY IS SELF-LOVE IMPORTANT?
Every single day we are bombarded with stress and responsibilities.
The opinions of others ring in our ears and we rarely have time to just sit and think.
We look in the mirror and don’t like what we see. This is why self-love is so important.
You are the only person that’s with you all day. You know all of your thoughts and feelings.
Since this is the case, you ultimately influence yourself more than anything in your environment.
That should tell you how important it is to treat yourself well!
If there was someone in your life that constantly treated you poorly by saying you’re not good enough, good looking enough, or worth fighting for, you would hopefully kick that person out of your life!
So, don’t treat yourself that way.
Self-love is essentially making yourself your own biggest fan.
This is a role that no one else can fill (although it’s certainly wonderful to have family and friends that support you).
The truth is that even if everyone else is rooting for you, it will be incredibly hard to succeed if you don’t believe in yourself.
What is a Self-Love Journal?
A self-love journal is a book that you use with the intention of cultivating self-love.
It is your personal space to focus your energy and utilise the power of writing and intention to align yourself into a sincere state of self-love.
A self-love journal is a space where you can explore the details of what self-love means to you, discovering what you love about yourself and the best ways to love yourself.
Your self-love journal is a sacred space that you have dedicated to the exploration of your relationship with yourself.
The intention of this journal can be to improve your relationship with the most important being in your reality, you!
Your self-love journal can be a unique space in which you can express yourself freely.
You can approach journaling in many different ways including writing, adding relevant images or drawings, or even pressing significant objects within your journal.
It can really turn out to be a multi-medium sensory experience.
A perfectly simple and powerful starting point and foundation of journaling is writing.
Writing is a great way to reflect as well as to process and integrate concepts, thoughts and emotions.
You can use free-flowing writing by simply writing down whatever comes to mind surrounding the topic of self-love for you and you can also utilise journal prompts.
The technique of journaling prompts for cultivating self-love is what we shall focus on in detail within this article.
How To Use Self-Love Journal Prompts.
Journal prompts are a great way to focus your attention on the task at hand; in this case, we are seeking to cultivate self-love and so utilising a series of intentionally designed prompts can allow you to delve deep into your inner world and cultivate a steady and growing vibration of genuine self-love.
These self-love prompts include questions and templates to create written affirmations that can be used to cultivate self-love.
In order to learn how to use self-love, journal prompts we shall first look into the types of prompts that we can use and then some tips that will assist you in using these prompts to gain the most benefit.
Using Question Prompts
Question prompts serve to inspire you to earnestly and honestly view where you currently are, to identify any blocks that you may need to clear and work through and dissolve what is limiting your ability to love yourself.
Question prompts also serve the purpose of identifying your unique needs and wants surrounding self-love.
When you learn what you truly desire and how you prefer to receive love then you can have the knowledge that allows you to love yourself in the best way for you.
Using Template Prompts
Template prompts help you to identify and affirm the ways that you love yourself.
These prompts ask you to complete the sentence or fill in the blanks as you feel called.
Template prompts essentially help you to create personalised affirmations that celebrate the ways that you love yourself and call in deep levels of self-love in specific ways that you have intended.
Tips For Using Self-Love Journal Prompts
- It is suggested you work through all of the prompts at least twice and then choose a set of prompts that feel most powerful and effective for you. You don’t have to do this all at once but rather steadily make your way through the list over a few sessions of journaling.
- You can also choose just a few prompts that you are drawn to and work with them repeatedly.
- Work with these prompts as often as needed. Try making this time for self-love journaling part of your routine (once a week or once a month, maybe once every new or full moon).
- Engage with these prompts with full presence; you can set aside a time where you can be fully focused and won’t be disturbed, you can also centre yourself with a short meditation or breathwork session before starting.
- Try to answer naturally, although the insights from this type of journaling are deep, often the most spontaneous and least thought-out answers can reveal the most.
- Consult your body, mind, and spirit when reading out your affirmation or answers. Ask yourself how does what you have written feels on a physical, mental, and spiritual level.
- When you don’t feel like writing but require some re-alignment then you can take some time to read through your past writings in your self-love journal.
- When you have completed your session of journaling you can choose to anchor in the self-loving energies you have worked with by taking a few intentional deep breaths, feel the energy of self-love swirling through you, permeating your entire being.
What is the benefit of self-love Journaling?
Self-love journaling as a committed practice along with the embodiment of the insights you receive from this practice will offer you a wealth of benefits.
The following are some of the benefits of this practice:
- You will become aligned with your higher self-perspective.
- Helps you to improve your self-worth.
- Helps you to build deep-rooted confidence.
- Helps you to overcome anxiety.
- Help you to discover your purpose.
- Assist you in identifying where you wish to improve.
- Assists you in finding solutions and methods to improve.
- Assists you in clearly identifying your desires.
- You will see yourself in a more positive light.
- You will become more motivated to create the life you desire.
- You will become fully knowing that you are worthy.
- You will truly love yourself.
- You will have the capacity to truly love others.
- You will discover new things about yourself.
- You will become more in sync and connected in mind, body, and spirit.
- You will be continually grateful to be alive.
- You will become more committed and disciplined in your self-care.
- You will fully enjoy time spent with yourself and sharing yourself with the world.
For those that have no idea where to start when it comes to finding writing prompts about love, this post will help you.
Self-love writing exercises are perfect for those wanting to feel more empowered and looking to love themselves daily.
What I love about ‘you’ prompts is that you get to rediscover yourself and you get to learn to love yourself more.
So, if you are looking for creative self-love journaling prompts to grow, look no further than the list below.
The below is an excellent journal to keep track of your progress:
42 Journal Prompts for Self-Love – Ultimate Guide!
In this section you will find an extensive but not limited list of self-love journal prompts, you can feel free to use these as you please.
This practice of taking the time to get to know yourself and intentionally cultivate a love for yourself is an act of self-love.
The question prompts
Answer these self-love journal prompts in as many or as little words as you want to:
- What do I love most about my life?
- What are the activities that I know I need to let go of that are not for my highest good?
- What are my unconscious beliefs that I need to release that are not for my highest good?
- What can I forgive myself for?
- How can I go about actively releasing these activities and beliefs?
- What do I love to do in my alone time?
- What do I love most about my body?
- What do I love most about my mind?
- What do I love most about my spirit?
- What do I love most about my personality?
- What are my favourite ways to express love to another?
- What are my favourite ways to express love to myself?
- What are my favourite activities to care for my body?
- What helps me to keep a clear mind?
- What are my favourite ways to connect with spirit?
- What makes me feel energised?
- What does my daily self-care currently consist of?
- What would my ideal daily self-love routine consist of?
- If I had 3 wishes to be granted right at this moment, what would they be?
- What is my core intention in life/today?
- What can I add to my day that will make me feel loved and appreciated by myself?
The Template Prompts
Complete or fill out these prompts at your leisure with the knowledge that you are fully deserving and capable of loving yourself deeply:
- I deserve to make taking care of myself a priority because…
- I feel happiest when…
- I am worthy of everything my heart desires because…
- I feel fully confident when…
- I feel fully embodied when…
- I enjoy being treated with…
- I am dedicated to my self-love cultivation because…
- I love my body and honour it by …
- I am fully deserving of taking time to…
- I am releasing thought patterns that no longer serve me by…
- I am releasing habits that no longer serve me by…
- My favourite features are my …
- The things I appreciate most about my personality are…
- I honour my boundaries of ….
- My most mastered skills are…
- The skills that I am enjoying learning are….
- I am most grateful for my …
- I am worthy of …
- I feel content with….
- I am thankful to myself for…
- I am attracting abundance into my life by….
42 Journal Prompts for Self-Love – Final thoughts
I hope that you enjoyed these self-love writing prompts and that they help to support you on your self-love journey.
You can even use them to start a self-love journal. Let me know what your favourite prompts where in the comments.
I would love to hear your thoughts on what you are doing to change your life in the coming days and years!
If you have any questions please reach out to me via email@example.com. I would love to hear from you!
I really hope you found inspiration in this article.
Other posts you may like:
IF YOU FOUND THIS POST USEFUL, THEN PLEASE SAVE THIS PIN BELOW TO YOUR PINTEREST JOURNALING BOARD OR SOMETHING SIMILAR FOR LATER – THANK YOU!
Hello! My name is Adam and welcome to my space on the internet. Here you can find me writing about subjects such as spiritual growth, self-discovery, expanding your awareness, inner peace, self-care and mental health. Please connect with me on my journey and join the community!
Today I will be sharing 125 journaling prompts for self-discovery. Self-discovery journal prompts can enlighten us to our purpose and help us learn a little more about ourselves – who we are, our needs, hopes, and dreams. It’s also a powerful tool for personal growth…