A spiritual journal is a place where you can discover yourself, heal your heart, receive answers to questions no one can answer for you, and essentially come into the fullness of who you really are.
Journaling is a wonderful way to gain clarity about your spirituality and spiritual beliefs. Especially if your beliefs have changed over time. Writing your spiritual beliefs can give you great insight into your relationship with Universe/God/Source/Divine/Creator/Spirit, however you define it.
Creating time for spiritual journaling helps to prioritise your spiritual growth somewhat in your life – something which most of us find very difficult, given the competing demands of work, careers, family, children, partners, friends and hobbies. Having that quiet five or ten minutes each day will help you to create a ritual of peace and calm where your only focus is on your own growth and the expansion of your self-understanding.
Other posts you may like:
30 Journaling Prompts for Spiritual Growth!
WHAT ARE JOURNAL PROMPTS?
Your spiritual growth journal will have thoughts, ideas, and answers to questions that get at the core of your beliefs, values, interests, quirks, and even your faults, too.
The goal is to dig deep and have you come face-to-face with your truth, also with your shadows and deepest fears. journaling can be just keeping a record of your life but, to me, the real magic happens when you use it as a way to express your thoughts and feelings.
Journaling prompts are a great way to get to know yourself, as you answer each question another part of the puzzle that is you emerges. as you go along your journey you will be able to look back and reflect on what you have written. You can journal daily or whenever the mood strikes and you can use prompts to get you started or just let your mind go and see what comes up.
BENEFITS OF A SPIRITUAL GROWTH JOURNEY
Happiness starts with knowing yourself. Who are you at your core? What do you want the most out of life? Answers to these kinds of questions can take some serious thought and introspection. But discovering those answers is so empowering.
Knowing yourself is beneficial in so many ways. When you know yourself, you can care for yourself in the best possible way. You can make the right choices and do what’s best for you without getting so influenced by others. You can make better decisions and ultimately create more joy. By creating a better life for yourself, you can help and positively influence other people as well. For example, if you like writing, then write!
Share your thoughts and ideas. If you truly enjoy writing, then guaranteed people will like reading what you wrote. Like attracts like. Your happiness in life is everything, and knowing yourself is paramount to being happy. So, when you set the intention to begin a spiritual growth journey, know that is an act of self-care. It’s not selfish to discover what brings you joy. Your happiness really does affect the entire world.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT THE SPIRITUAL GROWTH PROCESS
As you begin your spiritual growth journey, remember that you are constantly growing and evolving. We all are, as nature intended. What you feel to be true today may shift for you six months from now. 2 Years from now. Or even tomorrow. That’s perfectly normal.
The spiritual growth process can surprise you. On your spiritual growth journey, you may find that your true self is slightly different than you thought. For example, perhaps you always wanted to be more popular. You held the belief you weren’t social enough.
But upon getting to know yourself better, you realized you’re actually an introvert. If you really wanted to be more social, you would be. But you don’t, so you’re not. So, what do you get out of a realization like that? Self-acceptance. As you get to know yourself, you may also find your beliefs have changed. Or your relationships aren’t what you thought them to be. You may discover new priorities in life. You may uncover hidden talents, or find new joyful hobbies. So much goodness can come out of the spiritual growth process.
HOW JOURNALING CAN HELP YOU KNOW YOURSELF
Spiritual growth journal prompts can help you to know who you are at your core. They can help you see what truly brings you joy, and what does not. When you write about yourself on paper, you can get a real clear view of what’s going on inside you. You can organise your thoughts on paper, which can be very helpful. Journaling about yourself can help you identify what you want and need. And what you value.
Journal writing about yourself can help you map out goals and make plans to improve things in life. Journaling can also help you to see what you need to let go of or move on from. In all of these ways and more, spiritual growth journaling prompts can provide you with mental clarity, focus, and the information you need to live your best life.
30 Journal Prompts for Spiritual Growth
- Beyond the labels (your name, age, nationality, occupation etc) and experiences, who is my true Self?
- What barriers have I built against my true Self?
- Do I ever hide my true Self out of fear of being judged or criticized?
- The next time I’m tempted to hide my true Self, what can I tell myself to confidently stand in who I am and embrace myself fully?
- What has my spiritual journey looked like up to this point in my life?
- What does “spirituality” mean to me?
- What does it mean to me to be a spiritual person? What about my spiritual Self am I still learning and discovering?
- When and/or where do I feel most connected to my spiritual Self?
- What is my relationship with a higher power?
- How does a higher power show up in my daily life?
- How would I like a higher power to show up in my life? Can I ask this higher power to show up for me in this way?
- In what ways does the Source (or God or how you define it) speak to me? How do I speak back to the Source?
- When I communicate with the Source, do I feel heard?
- Do I feel like the higher power in my life criticises me or loves me without condition? How does this higher power feel about me?
- What is my Self’s purpose? Do I feel connected to my purpose? If not, what steps can I take to discover my Self’s purpose?
- When do I feel most at peace?
- How can I cultivate deeper feelings of inner peace in my daily life, even when the outer world feels heavy and overwhelming?
- What miracles have I experienced in my life? What do these miracles mean to me?
- How has the Source guided me throughout my life through the use of signs, synchronicities, and my own intuition?
- Am I currently receiving any spiritual guidance about my path? What is this guidance telling me is the next right step?
- Am I able to surrender to spiritual guidance, or is it sometimes difficult for me to give up control? What do I fear will happen if I release control and surrender?
- What does it mean to me to surrender?
- What are some things I’m worrying about right now? How can I turn over these worries to a higher power?
- Do I ever feel lost or alone in my life? Am I able to turn to a higher power during these times? If this is difficult, what makes it hard to do?
- Has there ever been a time in my life when my prayers weren’t answered (or it seemed as though they weren’t answered), and this actually worked out positively for me?
- What are some examples of past experiences when the Universe gave me exactly what I needed at exactly the right time?
- How does spiritual growth require change and transformation? Is this easy or hard for me?
- The Law of Rhythm states that everything comes in cycles, and nothing stays in one state forever. We can see this in the changing of seasons and the cycles of the moon. What cycles appear in my own life? How can understanding that everything is part of a greater cycle help me to cultivate deeper feelings of inner peace?
- Did I have any childhood experiences that negatively affected my belief, attitude, or relationship toward God, the Universe, and/or the concept of spirituality? Have I been able to heal from these experiences, or is there still healing to be done?
- What self-care/self-love practices can I do for myself to nourish my spiritual self? How can I take care of my mind, body, and spirit?
30 JOURNALING PROMPTS FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH – FINAL THOUGHTS
As you can see, these journal prompts for spiritual growth should get you going. The goal here is to increase your awareness and discover more things about yourself. There is no judgment, right or wrong answers with journaling. All you have to do is to write for yourself. Remember that journaling comes with several benefits on an individual level and these prompts are only suggestions to help you get started.
I would love to hear your thoughts on what you are doing to change your life in the coming days and years! If you have any questions please reach out to me via email@example.com. I would love to hear from you! I really hope you found this post helpful.
Other posts you may like:
IF YOU FOUND THIS POST USEFUL, THEN PLEASE SAVE THIS PIN BELOW TO YOUR PINTEREST BREATHING TECHNIQUES BOARD OR SOMETHING SIMILAR FOR LATER – THANK YOU!
Hello! My name is Adam and welcome to my space on the internet. Here you can find me writing about subjects such as spiritual growth, self-discovery, expanding your awareness, inner peace, self-care and mental health. Please connect with me on my journey and join the community!